Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My College Crush (Part-1)

Here the Story begins...

It was the first day of my (B.Tech) degree college. We had strength of 480 students. 120 students in each branch. At that time everyone knows the other atleast by the face if not the name.

I had no idea what I was doing in a college like this one. There was not a single face I knew. Everyone in class had pretty much formed a group on the first day itself. I sat with a few groupless ones who had started to bore in 10 minutes of sane conversation. I wished I had taken up courses which my other friends had taken. Atleast I would have had company. Someone suggested we take a round of the college and as reluctant I was to leave my seat (as I was a shy guy at that time); I didn't want to be left alone to my hopelessness. I went around the campus.

The college doesn't have that much area but it is planned cleverly. It’s amazing how one can get lost in a college that small. I just asked aloud," Where is the library?" when I got a reply

"Go downstairs and you would find it on the left side"

I looked back to where the voice came from and I saw her.

She was tall, beautiful girl in white Suit salwar with colorful dupatta and her face beamed with some unsaid enthusiasm. Politeness was the first thing I liked about her (other than the looks ofcourse).

I very meekly said," Thanks"

She asked," Are you from EC 1 batch?"

(Well she must have noticed already…)

I looked around (foolish I know, but somehow I couldn't hold on to his gaze) and then replied "yeah and you?"

"EC 2 batch... uhmm… "

(ghosh!! I know it's a four year course... did she find me that dumb?)

"What's your name? “She asked.

"kiran Chatterjee (kashyap)" I said..

I wonder if she will remember it… It doesn't look like as it is a girl name)

(She Smiled)

Before I ask her, she introduced herself "I m Divya, from EC-2 Batch"

All I said was, "Oh"

God!! Why was I acting so unusually dumb??

She walked back to her class. I kept repeating her name,"Divya, Divya, Divya". I couldn't suppress my smile… kiran... First day of college and you already have a crush! College is not going to be so much of a torture now…

The next few days of college were boring as ever and I kept thinking of her... I didn't know her last name... I had searched her on facebook only to turn up with no result… or rather thousands of result!! Whenever in college my eyes kept searching for her.

For a few days there was no sign of her. I attended all days in college. Each day started with the same thought," Will I able to see her today?"

For the first time, our classes lasted long enough to have a lunch break. I had made two friends (Kanwar & Mayank) by then. We went for lunch in the canteen which was just good to sit in. The food was nowhere near the delicacies. (Yeah I still ached for that yummy food)

I was seated in a far corner of the canteen and she was there... I strained my eyes to have a better look and to confirm it was really her... Yes, it was she… The beautiful as she was, she was with two friends.

I went up to the counter to have a close look at her and she looked at me... No hint of recognition… She stared just blankly and then went back to the conversation she was having with her friends. It hurt... I didn't expect her to start any conversation but the least she could do was give a friendly smile… Agreed I didn't smile either but I was scared that If she doesn't smile back, it would be a shame in front of her friends.

Days rolled by and I often spotted her with her friend in library... I used to secretly stare at her and many times she did look at me but I knew she didn't remember me...

I looked up the list of EC (Electronics & Communication) Branch students and found out she was Divya Sharma... I found her out on facebook with a picture of “Radha Krishna ji”and sent her a friends request... Then begun the wait.....

(To be continued)

P.S:- People from college please don’t get any ideas!!!!

5 comments: